We have over 38 years experience
Paul McVicker has been providing personal legal services to a range of clients, including individuals and businesses, for over 40 years. His knowledge and experience gives him an insight that benefits his clients and his cases.
With extensive experience in custody, related family law litigation, and equity litigation, he also has experience in general civil litigation, transactions, and business and corporate matters. Over the years, Paul has served as a lead attorney and supervising partner on a wide variety of often complex litigation matters, both in state and federal court.
With locations in Seattle and Tukwila, Washington, getting the representation and advice you need is simple.
Paul McVicker is not only an experienced mediator, but a well trained one. In addition to his expanded basic mediation training, he pursues on-going training and seminars regularly, which has included international child custody mediation, child-centered and child-inclusive mediation, specialized screening methodologies, and others.
- Mediator for family law matters in King County , Washington since 2006
- Family law mediator for the King County Dispute Resolution Center
- Former mediator in the Circuit Court of Lake County, IL for the county mediation program and in the Circuit Court of DuPage County, IL
- Special education in international mediation and child-centered mediation
Substance law experience
Paul McVicker has had a broad range of substantive law experience from transactional work to complex and appellate litigation.
- Family law
- Equitable remedies
- Real estate
- Estates, wills and trusts
- Business and Corporate Law
- Seattle Law and Mediation, P.S. , Federal Way, Seattle, Washington, 2008-Current
- Pace Mediation, Seattle, Washington, 2006-2008
- McVicker, Landry and Cregar, LaGrange, Illinois – Partner*, 2000–2005
- Peck, McVicker and Landry, LaGrange, Illinois – Partner*, 1994–1999
- Pyshos and McVicker, Chicago and Arlington Heights, Illinois - Partner, 1980-1993
- Paul W. McVicker and Associates, Chicago, Illinois - Sole-practitioner, 1977–1980
* Supervising partner for litigation in state and federal court
- ARDC/Illinois, retired 2008
- Washington State Bar, sworn in November 8, 2007
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- KCBA Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Collaborative Law Sections
- WSBA Alternative Dispute Resolution Section and Family Law Section
- KCBA Legislative Committee
- ABA Family Law, International Law and Dispute Resolution Sections
- King County Collaborative Law Group
- CPW - Collaborative Professionals of Washington
- IACP- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- ACR - Association of Conflict Resolution
- Metcom Inc, Chicago, IL, secretary treasurer, 1976–1991
- Metcom Inc, General Manager, 1976-1981
- Metcom Inc, corporate secretary and treasurer, 1976-1991
- Government, public relations and campaign organizations, Illinois, 1970-1977
- Press secretary and campaign manager - local, state and national
- Special legislative aid to Congressman Charles E. Bennett (D. Fla.), legislation amending the U.S. Code of Military Justice, 1971
- Special investigator, environmental division, Illinois Attorney General William G. Scott, 1970-1972
- Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, IL, B.A., political science, Minor: history/philosophy
- Illinois Institute of Technology/Chicago Kent College of Law, Chicago, IL, J.D.
- Aurora University School of Social Work, Aurora, IL, Conflict resolution and mediation certification